Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Value of Christ

I feel as if I have been neglecting of this blog for a couple of days. There have been a number of "things" come my way this week, things of a heavy nature, that do remind me that while blogging has its benefits, it is only a secondary thing, particularly in comparison to my other pastoral duties.

So, I apologize for not taking the time to express more original and personal thoughts. In one sense there is so much going on in my mind that I am having a difficult time organizing it all. Hopefully one day soon, I will be more "together" in thought. In the meantime I will continue to post things that have spoken to or challenged me. Appropriately enough, the quote I offer this morning reminds us to so value Christ, particularly in light of our sinfulness. Let us so value Christ.

The Value Of Christ
Christ is not valued nor His grace appreciated until men have a genuine knowledge of their misery, helplessness, and lost condition because of sin. When sin is sin indeed, then grace is grace indeed, and Christ is Christ indeed. If men have a superficial sense of sin, they have a superficial faith in Christ. - Thomas Manton (1620-1677)

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: