Thursday, March 29, 2007

What a providential 200th post!

Timing is everything (so they say) and this is my 200th post. And just what might be the topic for my 200th post? I would like to share with you the following card I received for just this day (it is from my niece):

“With Sympathy” –

Ed – May your memories bring you peace,
comfort, and strength. Getting old is hard!


To carry on the theme, my niece sent a second card that read:

“With Deepest Sympathy” –

Ed – Thinking of you at this difficult
time with sympathy and understanding.


If you have not already guess, I am celebrating my birthday today – my 40th birthday. Who would have thought I would make it to 40? I am most thankful to the Lord for His mercy and goodness to me and for the privilege of being His child, His servant, and His ambassador. Here is something I read last night from Jeremiah 10:6-7:

6 There is none like You, O LORD; You are great, and great is Your name in might. 7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? Indeed it is Your due! For among all the wise men of the nations And in all their kingdoms, there is none like You.

The best present I can think of is a heart with a great capacity to rightly fear and love the Lord. While only the Lord can give me such a present, please pray that such might be the desire and the gift each one who confesses the name of Christ would receive.

One last thought – my father-in-law informed me of the following. He said that most people will try to tell you that life begins at 40, but that the truth is that maintenance begins at 40. With all my dental woes, I would have to concur with the later sentiment. But praise be to the Lord who will return and clothe the perishable with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality. How’s that for a present? Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: