Saturday, March 24, 2007

Simple Saturday - Who said this?

Does anyone know who recently made the following statement:

“I'm a 'grace' Christian, not a 'law' Christian. The Second Commandment--do unto others--is the basic tenet of my faith.”

What do you think of this statement, what exactly does this mean? Is it me or is there a feeling of somekind of false dichotomy here?

If you want a clue as to who said this (I hate to give one), I have posted it below in very small print. Don't just go and google the answer. I will post the answer tomorrow:

hint: He is a presidential hopeful.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

3 comments:

N. L. White said...

John Edwards??

4given said...

Arkansas Governor and presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee... We actually get TIME magazine even though we did not subscribe to it.

Even under grace, the law still has a purpose.

A little more of the quote: ...And so I believe that life begins at conception, but I don’t believe it ends at birth. I believe we have a responsibility to feed the hungry, to provide a good education, a safe neighborhood, health care... Our church in Little Rock is very similar to Rick Warren's.

Pastor Ed Godfrey said...

4given:

Congrats: you are right - it is former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

I made a fuller post on this for March 26