Monday, August 14, 2006

Too Much TV?

I came across this take on the TV addict's 23rd Psalm. Obviously it reads a bit different than the traditional and biblical version, yet it might do us well to consider the "23rd Channel."

The 23rd. Channel
The T.V. is my shepherd.
I shall not want.
It maketh me to lie down on the sofa.
It leadeth me away from the scriptures.
It destroys my soul.
It leads me into the paths of sex and violence for the sponsor's sake.
Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my Christian responsibility,
There will be no interruption,
for the T.V. is with me.
It's cable and it's remote control, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial before me in the presence of my worldliness.
It anoints my head with humanism and consumerism.
My covering runneth over.
Surely ignorance and laziness shall follow me all the day's of my life.
I shall dwell in the house of watching T.V. forever

-Author Unknown

Sorry about the late post - its been a busy day.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: