Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My 100th Post

Yes, this is my 100th post. I can't believe it. Even though I have a long way to go before I join the ranks of the "super" bloggers, I must say that it has been an adventure.

This morning I met Jase (an Elder in our church) for breakfast. It had been my intention not to eat the typical fast food fare because I am having two root canals done at 9:30 am. But, upon ordering, I thought, "This could be my last meal" (as least for a few hours), so instead of ordering the fruit cup, I stuck with my traditional #5 (bacon, egg and chesse biscuit, hashbrowns and coffee). When I told Jase that I decided to eat, seeing that this could be my last meal, he replied, "Shouldn't we eat all our meals as though they could be our last." Go figure, the Elder had to make a spiritual application.

After the root canals, my wife and I go in to see her doctor for some tests and results from some previous test - so it looks to be an exciting day. I am grateful for a loving God into whose hands are our very lives.

Here is the Scripture I will meditate on as I have my teeth worked on:

Psalm 4:4-8
4 Tremble, and do not sin; meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. 5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and trust in the LORD . 6 Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?" Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD! 7 You have put gladness in my heart, more than when their grain and new wine abound. 8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.


Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

2 comments:

maybe78 said...

Сongratulations!
Was it hard? :)

Monk-in-Training said...

A lot of time when I am sitting waiting in a resturant, or in a Doctor's or Dentist's office I say my Rosary and mediate on the Trisagion as well as verses of Scripture. I find people are very curious about my beads and it often gives a chance to witness. I pray all went well.