Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where Have I Been?

Sorry about the lack of posts. Life has gotten rather busy as of late with a stretch of long days that started early and ended late. It all started on Saturday with Men's prayer. What a blessed time of prayer we had. I had shared with the men that my own communion with God was not where I wanted it to be, having felt a bit dry and distant as of late. Well, this time of prayer did much to renew and encourage me as we lifted up one another, our families, and our church before the Lord.

All this was followed by working on the new fellowship hall (which is coming along). It is amazing how much more work a project like this is than you imagine it is going to be. And for those of you that know me, I am pretty good at imagining the work and effort of things. I am so grateful for the men of the church who are going to make this project possible. Tyler Vanden Heuvel and Mike Olson have been hard at work doing dry wall and electrical work respectively. Loyd Bennett will be working on the plumbing before long (hopefully today). Several others have helped with clean up and coming up will be our attempt at laying tile and carpet. Jase, Cathy, Laura and myself have been looking at cabinets and getting prices. When this project is done we should have a much cleaner, nicer and larger area to gather between services.

Pastor Ed looking happy Tyler working hard! Where's the brick?

Sunday Services were another blessing to me (as they usually are). The youth gathered Sunday afternoon to quiz on Philippians 2 and I was impressed by the number of youth that were prepared. Keep on memorizing! (see Memorizing Philippians). This was all followed by evening services and then a short time of fellowship at the home of Jase and Cathy.

Monday (my day off) started off by catching up on some personal matters that had been put off way to long (and working on them took way too long - from about 4 hours)! Then we headed out to my In-laws for a late lunch to see Laura's Grandfather who is visiting from San Diego. Shortly after lunch Laura and I headed back into town for a hospital visit and later that evening we had dinner with the Samuelson youth (CiCi's pizza never saw it coming - we ate a lot of pizza). When we arrived home, we played some games with our kids and then called it a night.

Now it is Tuesday and the Lord knows what He has in store for me. I only hope that by God's grace I will be of His service and glory.

One final note, here's a pic from Nanci Lea who is out gallivanting around there in California (the land of fruits and nuts). We received an email from her on Sunday, thinking she was going to report about her experience at church. We need to pray - she sent some pictures of a visit to the shrine of Lucas and had her picture taken with Yoda (of Star Wars fame). I sure hope she hasn't converted to the FORCE (ha ha).

Nanci Lea and Yoda

Have a blessed day everyone!


Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

2 comments:

N. L. White said...

I just wanted to point out that this picture was taken on Saturday.

Pastor Ed Godfrey said...

Oh, is that a detail I forgot to mention?