Wednesday, March 01, 2006

We Made It to LA!

We made it to LA – but not without incident. Upon arrival at XNA (Northwest Arkansas Airport), we learned that our flight was delayed…an hour and a half. Oh well. Jase and I occupied the time by talking about life, church and ministry.

The flight itself was relatively smooth. There was a lot of cloud cover, so the scenery was limited to small windows of opportunity. And while I took some pictures, such pictures, taken from 30,0000 feet and through a jet window, well, let’s just say, its not as breathtaking. I did feel blessed to see and take a picture of this meteor crater (although I really have no idea in which state it was – perhaps Arizona).

Remember that I told you our flight was delayed – an hour and a half. While this did not pose such a problem for Jase and I, it did have its affects on others. First, we were to meet Bryan Ryan, our pastor friend from the Atlanta, GA area. He flew via stand by – getting to the Atlanta airport early and was able to secure an early flight to LAX. He actually arrived in LA at 10:30 am PT. We were supposed to arrive at 3:30 PT, so Bryan already anticipated a wait. But we did not get in until 5:15 pm PT. Needless to say, Bryan got in a lot of “quiet times.” But as Bryan always is, he met us with grace.

Now I said that our flight affected others. The other “others” that were affected (an of which you might have interest) most of you know. Upon our arrival at the terminal, Jase and I noticed several young children waving. At first I thought they must be waving at someone behind us. Then I realized that these children looked awfully familiar. Then I realized that they were in fact Woodells. The Woodells were returning from their time in the LA area on the same jet that just brought us from Arkansas. So, we had a brief reunion, had our picture taken together and sent them on their way. I can’t believe we had to fly all the way to California to see the Woodells.

As we left LAX, we were taken by shuttle to the rental car place. That trip was more fraught with danger than the jet. At one point the drive slammed on his brakes so hard that he just about threw all of us out of our seats. Whew! We did manage to make it, got our car and headed north to the home of Katie Woodell’s parents, Mary and George. After stopping for dinner at a “El Pollo Loco” (it has been nearly 20 years since I ate at one in San Diego), we easily found Mary and George’s home and got settle in.

There is much more to share and I need to add some pictures, but time does not allow for it now. As I write this, I am at Grace Community Church. We have met up with several men we know (praise the Lord). This morning, in my devotion time, I read Psalm 111:1-2 which I pray fits the very reason why I have come to this conference. It reads:

1Praise the LORD! I will gie thanks to the LORD with all my heart, In the company of the upright and in the assembly. 2 Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them.

May this be true - may we all delight in the great works of the Lord. I will write more latter.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Ed

1 comment:

Michael Terry, Jr. said...

Glad you guys made it. Enjoy the conference and say hi to JMAC for me!

Mike