Thursday, March 16, 2006

God Does Not Do "Call Screening"

Just yesterday I was in my office meeting with a couple of the men in the church when my cell phone made itself known (it rang). Right then I had to make a decision. Here I was in my office discussing some rather heavy issues, not really in the frame of mind or position to take the call and yet the phone call was from someone in the church. In that moment, as I screened the call, I determined that the caller would have to leave me a message and I would have to call back ( I know - no one else has even been in this siutation - right?).
As I was later contemplating this, it dawned on me that the LORD never has to screen His calls. Rather, we have this promise as found in Psalms 34:15 saying,
The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry.
The apostle Peter utilized this passage in 1 Peter 3:12 and it reads just a bit different saying,
FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS, AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER...
I am so grateful for the attentive ears of the LORD. And while as a Pastor I may not do well at multitasking, being unable to engage in two conversations simultaneously, let us thank the LORD for His greatness, that He is -
able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Soli Deo Gloria,
Pastor Ed

1 comment:

4given said...

AMEN and AMEN