Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thoughts and Pictures

Hi all!

We have finished our first session and have had lunch. John MacArthur opened the conference and what a blessing - being challenged concerning "what is the Church?" (Matthew 16:13-28). The only problem was, I did not see him deliver the message "in person." There are nearly 3800 people here and by the time we got into the worship center, there was no room. We had to go to the gym and watch the first session via closed circuit tv. It was still great! (Although we do plan to get to the worship center a bit earlier for the next general session.

I have been amazed at all the people I (or Jase) know. It reminds me how small the evangelical Christian coimmunity really is. In fact, I was thinking late last night how much I was looking forward to this time, to see people I know, who are on the same doctrinal page as I am, along with a multitude of others who also share such a vision. Wouldn't it be great if we could all just collaborate together, perhaps work together in some ministry? Some of us have dreamed of working in such a situation. Maybe a few like minded pastors could start a church and work together. I wonder if such such a ministry would work or if we would all "kill" each other. But the bottom line is that we have a command:

Matthew 28:19-20
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."


So, while I love times such as this for growth and encouragement, I also know that we must "go" and make learners of Jesus Christ right where the Spirit of God leads us.

Now, here are some pictures:

Jase and I encouraging each other


Here is the meteor crater I saw from the plane:



Well, there is only one picture. For some reason I am not able to upload any more at that time. Our next session is about to begin, so I will try again later. God bless all.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Ed

No comments: