Monday, March 20, 2006

The Goal of Preaching

I know that it is awfully easy to get overly verbose in one's personal blog (see what I mean). So let me see if I can keep this short and simple. I have been recently impressed with the great need and great privilege of preaching the Word of God. It is my most earnest prayer that I do not diminish the glory of Christ when I preach, but rather that I am truly able, by the power of God, to exalt Him. Therefore, I publish this simple resolve:
My goal in preaching the Word of God is to set the Lord Jesus Christ ever before His people; to let them see Him. Every passage is to unfold truth about the Lord.
My prayer:
O Lord, may I be as Ezra, "For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel" (Ezra 7:10).

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed


2 comments:

N. L. White said...

Thank you dear Pastor. May we as a flock hear and heed the Word.

N.L.White

Unknown said...

Grand resolve, simply put. I just came upon your site so I had to say 'hi'. Feel free to pruse mine.

In His service,

Wil / www.inspiritministry.org