Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Texas - Day Three - Six Flags

All I can say is that I am sooo tired. It is about 11 pm and we have made memories for yet another other. Not only was Six Flags filled with all the excitement we had anticipated, riding every ride we wanted to and some even a couple of times, but we ended the day with a Wyatt dinner that included Rocky, Sue, Curtis, Annie (and their two babies), Jake and Candace (along with baby Caleb).




After dinner we reminisced about past times and experiences, played some pool with the guys while the ladies enjoyed an evening chat. When you don’t know how many opportunities you will ever have to again do such a thing, it makes the opportunity all the more precious. I am thankful for the Wyatt boys (or I should say - "young men") and their wives coming over.





Getting back to Six Flags, there is not too much to report except that we had a good time (see the pictures below). Just as we were disembarking the last ride we had intended to ride, we got a good ol’ fashioned, springtime Texas thunderstorm the shut everything down. But we were already wet and tired so it really didn’t matter. We headed up toward the front gate, did a little window-shopping and then headed back up to Southlake.

I am relaxing and enjoying this time with my family, but Hope is still on my mind and in my prayers. Please pray that I come back with more joy and more fervor to serve the Lord and the congregation. Good night!

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: