Monday, May 07, 2012

Sunday "Routine"!?


Occasionally I get asked about my Sunday routine (as I was yesterday).  To be fair, to use the word "routine" for any given Sunday would be a true misnomer as each Sunday seems to be unique unto itself.  The only "routine" thing about my Sunday's is that I go to church.  From there the variation begins.  And before I write out my schedule for yesterday, let me just say that my prayer is for there to be nothing "routine" about Sunday; nothing ordinary, nothing natural; for I would prefer things to be dynamic, extraordinary, and by the grace of God, supernatural as I meet with God's people to worship Him who is worthy of all praise.  With that said, here is what took place this last Lord's day:

  • 4:50 am
    • I awake, take a moment to think about the day and thank the Lord for what the day holds.
  • 5:00 am
    • Grab a cup of coffee (thankful for coffee timers)
  • 5:05-5:15 am
    • Read a portion of Scripture; in this case Hebrews 9 to meditate on.
  • 5:15-5:30 am
    • Shower and such
  • 5:30-6:15 am
    • Prayer and meditation on Hebrews text, preparing to share something for our second hour communion service.
  • 6:15-6:45 am
    • Bandito time; feed him; straighten up his habitat; let him run around the yard while I have some more coffee.
  • 6:45-7:15 am
    • Breakfast; catch up on some blogs
  • 7:15-7:45 am
    • Dress for church
  • 7:45 am-8:00 am
    • Drive to church; talk to Laura about what the day holds
  • 8:00-8:25 am
    • final preparations for worship service; some personal keyboard practice time
  • 8:25-9:00 am
    • Worship Team practice
  • 9:00-9:25 am
    • greeting people as they arrive at church

  • 9:25-10:00 am
    • lead worship music
  • 10:00-11:00 am
    • preach the Gospel (Acts 7:17-38)
  • 11:15 am- 12:15 pm
    • lead second hour Communion service (share from Hebrews 9:13-14)
  • 12:15-1:00 pm
    • Visit with various folks
  • 1:00 - 1:30 pm
    • Premarital counseling prep (and I ate some cookies)
  • 1:45 - 3:15 pm
    • Premarital Counseling
  • 3:30 - 4:00 pm
    • Change and visit with family and friends at the house
  • 4:00-5:30 pm
    • Mowed the back and front yards (usually a Monday thing but I heard there could be rain)
  • 5:30 - 8:30 pm
    • Watch a movie with the young adults (interrupted for dinner)
  • 8:30 - 10:30 pm
    • a visit with Bandito and then retired to my room
  • 10:30 pm
    • CRASHED!
Just another Sunday, filled with its own unique experiences.  Wondering exactly what next Sunday will hold.  Let's see, Mother's Day, the Maples - yes, should be wonderfully dynamic.  What a blessing to serve the Lord and His people.

No comments: