Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lord, Awaken Us!

"I love those that thunder out the word! The Christian world is in a deep sleep. Nothing but a loud voice can waken them out of it!"

Do you know who said the above and when it was said?

Lord, forgive me for the timidity with which I speak forth Your word. May I be the alarm by which you awaken Your people to love and good deeds. May I never stand in the way and so prevent that which brings delight and glory to Your Name.


Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

4 comments:

N. L. White said...

Is it fair that you gave the answer in your sermon on Sunday?

Pastor Ed Godfrey said...

I suppose the answer was given on Sunday.

Ed

N. L. White said...

Could it be said that the indifference of Christians has lead to the Biblical Illitercy that currently plauges the American Church?

Pastor Ed Godfrey said...

n.l. white wrote...
Could it be said that the indifference of Christians has lead to the Biblical Illitercy that currently plauges the American Church?

No doubt, something had to be the first cause in the downgrade concerning knowledge of the Word of God. Such indifference starts with disrespect toward the person and purpose of God.

Ed