Thursday, June 29, 2006

Walking in a Manner Worthy - Part 2

Okay, there has been some time to think and contemplate the first questions that Whitefield and Wesley asked themselves in their private devotions. I am not sure why I am stringing these questions out. Someone suggested to me that it was so I would have a consistent line of blog entries. Maybe he was right.

In light of that, I have decided (no I am not going to sing the Amy Grant song) - but I have decided to include more, but not all the questions from the list. I do hope and pray these spark confession and communion with God. I have included some comments in the brackets.

6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
[ouch - there is way too much of this in me]

7. Did the Bible live in me today?
[let me see?! - oh that I might have a ready answer]

8. Do I give it time to speak to me every day?
[slow down - be still and know that He is God]

9. Am I enjoying prayer?
[Oh yes, Lord, let me rejoice in your presence where there are joys forevermore]

10. When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?
[but I was stuck in my office - Lord, let me be a witness!]

11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
[This does not mean after you spend it]

12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
[Oh how the flesh loves to rest]

13. Do I disobey God in anything?
[NO - said with pride! Oops]

14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
[Only when I listen to my conscience]

15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
[Who will deliver me from the body of this death?]

16. Am I jealous impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrusting?
[Ok, who has been watching?]

I do not mean to be overly light-hearted with my bracketed comments, but these questions are well worth asking often. Let me know how they help you.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: