Saturday, February 25, 2012

Open Thank You Letter from Sue Bennett to the Cardiac Unit of Mercy Medical

February 25, 2012

To the Cardiac Unit of Mercy Medical,

You are the chosen of God, handpicked for a holy calling. I wanted to let you know how my experience with you works out into peoples lives in this, my year of reality. My husband went through CABG, in March of 2011 and now I have just gone through the same procedure in February 2012. He went through all the procedures quickly, with everything going just as it was designed to do, with your help of course. It was a great example to me on what I would need to do and how I would need to do it.

Dr. Cara, your special watch over us caused great prevention. You have shown what can be done when a doctor does her job correctly. Your faith shines through. And who knew that you, as the Princess, had a Prince that you would recommend for our hearts' care.

Dr. Phil, it is the glory of God to conceal a matter (or a heart), but the glory of kings is to search out a matter (Proverbs 25:2). You have an irresistible bed-side manner. I will not forget how you asked the right questions to know what was really going on with my heart. What a joy to hear your “squeal” of delight when you made a special trip over to read the results of my x-rays and knew that my heart was merely in hibernation. It is great to know that we will spend eternity together in glory. Your patients are eternally grateful – Loyd W. Bennett and Loretta Sue Bennett (sometimes known as Marilyn).

Christina, you have such a sparkle in your eye. Every time you looked at me I knew you were saying, “I'm not finished with you yet and you are loved.”

Dr. Chavin, I'm praying that your true heart will be as sharp and as accurate as your scalpel was for both my husband and I. The Lord gave you confidence in your ability which gave me assurance and peace to endure my husband's procedure as well as my own. Genesis 49:24 says, “But his bow remained in strength, And the arms of his hands were made strong By the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob.” To God be the glory for your beautiful hands. Your team is as beautiful as you are. The family so appreciated Micheal’s regular updates during surgery, all held their breath waiting for his every report.

Special thanks to Brenda who prescribes the right medication at the right time to ease pain. You came to see me right after the fluid was drained from behind my lung. You explained all that had happened and why I was in pain. Then you eased my pain. Eternal blessings be yours.

The CICU nurses were very tender. My first nurse was full of mercy and a continual reminder to me that God was in control. My Angels of Mercy were so well balanced. As I came out of the anesthetic my precious nurse managed everything the best, even when she had to ask family to leave so I could rest. Freedom came next with the removing of the tubes. The nurses get an A in personality assessment, knowing just when and how to tell the right joke as I held tight to my pillow.

In Telemetry my nurses and CNAs were more fragrant and more beautiful than any of the many flowers I received. Each were a different and beautifully colored bloom. Their scheduling was in the perfect timing of the Savior's nail-scarred hands...we needed you all. Some were willing to go the extra mile, like chasing down my breakfast at lunchtime even to the point of being willing to scramble the eggs herself (thanks Candace). Even my Respiratory Therapists were a treat to me like an ice cream sundae. There's nothing better than Jamaican voices joyfully challenging me to take deep breaths. Another man in my life was Oscar – only he knows how many times in one day you can drive a patient to x-ray. Thanks for being speedy and fun. The cherry on top of all these treats was Kathy – the CNA who reminded me of my dear Aunt Geneiva (she has been gone many years now). What a precious gift of the Lord you were to me. You were there from the beginning and it caused me to know how much I am loved by my Heavenly Father, as you were handpicked just for me.

All the doctors, nurses, CNAs, technicians and volunteers were blessings to me making a difficult time more bearable. The Scripture says God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God and you are the proof of that.

Your Grateful and Thankful Patient,

Loretta Sue Bennett

P.S. Please visit the Hope Community Bible Church website: HopeCBC.org. You are all invited to visit the Church and worship with us!

No comments: