Saturday, February 25, 2012

Open Letter of Thanks from Sue Bennett to Friends and Family

February 25, 2012

Dear Friends and Family,

First of all I would like to thank the Cloud of Unseen Witnesses from different parts of the earth, California to Texas to Colorado to Arizona to Kansas, friends, family and churches that couldn't come to the hospital but faithfully prayed for me. Those who have gone through it for themselves probably even felt for me. There were so many special phone calls that came offering prayer for me at just the right time for pain needs and even some “embarrassing needs” (you know who you are, i.e. Anita). Other encouragements, Daddy, Leslie, Warren, Logan, Peggy. Not to mention all the facebook thoughts and prayers that came.

I will never leave thee nor forsake thee” (Hebrew 13:5), I've always thought of that as God's promise of Himself. He is quite enough and will always be enough, but Our Humble God extends His faithfulness through His people as well. What a joy to have so many visitors and gifts this week. My room was filled with flowers and balloons. Encouraging faces came (Bill & Anita, Bob, Imalee, Gary & Donna). The Evans brought Valentines (including a card, candy and small rosebush) and my dear Ms. Pat brought See's Candy which I am still enjoying one piece at a time. I see the “Happy Birthday” roses, but where is my Granddaughter Lee Anna who sent them?

Lana, your heartfelt tears let me know how deeply you feel about your ol' mom. It meant so much to me that you spent the time at the hospital and took so many days off work. You are a “priceless pearl” to me. Mike, thank you for your visits and letting me tell you what I've been wanting to say to you for so long and receiving it with the love with which it was intended. And yes, I did wake up in “the pain side” and found the blessings of loved ones. But where is your oldest daughter? Isn't Lee Anna coming to see me?

I really wanted that hamburger from Red Robin Ed. Thank you for getting it and “sneaking” it in. Also, thank you for warming up my cold hands with your warm ones and my weary spirit with your heartfelt prayer. Now when my hands are cold I think “where's Ed.” Also, you loaned me your bride and I am eternally grateful. Do you know where your niece, my Lee Anna is?

Melinda, how did you make your office send flowers that are still as beautiful today as the day you sent them? You have a way about you! Thank you for being at the hospital so much and taking time off from work. Tell your office I appreciate them, especially Steve for coming to visit. I hear you brought bagels and donuts for the long waits during surgery and ICU recovery! What a sweetheart! Have you seen your oldest sister anywhere? I'm sure Lee Anna must be here!

Monica, your sweet presence made me feel like everything was gonna be alright. Thanks for showing restraint and not beating up the nurse who wouldn't let you stay with a sleeping Memaw. Maybe you could tell Lee Anna I'm hoping to see her soon?

One of these days Luke, you will have a Birthday all to yourself that you don't have to spend with every Tom, Dick, Harry, Grandma in the hospital or just plain bad weather! I love you! I'm glad you enjoyed the time in the waiting room with Cousins. This was a very different “Cousins' Camp!” Speaking of cousins, where's your cousin Lee Anna?

How did you know Beth when to bring just what I wanted, a chocolate shake? And later, Liz Claiborne pajamas! Thanks for keeping Papaw busy and staying the night at the house before and after surgery. Certainly you have seen your cousin Lee?

I am tremendously thankful for those who took off from work and sacrificed their time. Those who sent flowers, came to see me with special gifts, made long journeys from another state (Will and Tammi) and for all the food glorious food that goes on and on (thanks David L. and Hope Family). There was even food for my horse (thank you Gary). Some people were there for me like they ALWAYS are, even when a scalpel isn't involved (Mardi). I'm certain Lee Anna would be here if she could be.

I am most especially thankful to my husband, who showed me the perfect way to walk through this ordeal. You have been a Christlike example and a competitive challenge to me. You have been by my side encouraging me. You have fixed meals, done laundry and taken care of my plants, bird and fish. You have spurred me on to “love and good deeds” as well as walking (and I walk with Loyd-y). Loyd, how did I ever breathe without you before?!! You take my breath away and then insist that I need to breathe and breathe deep! BTW, rumor has it Our Lee Anna is on her death bed or something!

Waiting room visitors supported family, Beau (you came even though you were sick and feeling bad, thanks), Bill, Anita, Josh, Tyler & Bonnie and others and they never even got to see me. I got to see one of our Bennett boys, Asa James, bright eyed and bushy tailed looking just like his parents. You are blessed Imalee. Some people came at special invitation and request! No name, just initials – DLS!

Who was that masked visitor that couldn't stand being apart from me. She is so loved and adored. Thank you Kevin for bringing your beautiful family to visit me. Though sick, the Kesters were not stopped from being helpful. What a joy to come home to a sparkling clean house. So there's my LAMB(O.K.), my Lee Anna. Thank you for your love and concern shown in innumerable ways. Even though fever kept you away from me Lee, I never questioned your love and concern. My sweet girl, I know you would give your right arm for me. And BTW, I love my Brahm's ice.

Meals keep coming and the visitors keep encouraging (Laessigs, Elane, JR, Nathan, Kendall Loyd). Some of you continue to be there for me by coming to stay with me while Loyd is on the bus (Laura, Beth, Mardi, Pat). What a blessing you have all been. Tears come to my eyes as I think of all of you whom I have loved so dearly and have now seen just how much you love me too.

Its impossible to cover everything, but let's just say, “God is good and so are His people.” Thanks to all.

Your Sis in Christ,

L. Sue Bennett

- - - - - - -

P.S. This is Laura – Mom is dictating and I'm typing this for her. She wants me to write a note about myself, but its not necessary. I know she loves me and appreciates my efforts. I am merely pleased to be able serve My Lord by serving my parents. Love, blessings and gratitude to Our Lord and to His people!

P.S.S. Please visit the Hope Community Bible Church website: HopeCBC.org. You are all invited to visit the Church and worship with us!

No comments: