Friday, February 26, 2010

The avoidance of sin is not my righteousness!

The avoidance of sin, however increasing, however complete, is NOT my righteousness and therefore does NOT fit me for heaven.  It is the righteousness of Christ alone graciously imputed to me, granted to me by God that fits me for heaven. 

I will not be able to stand be the throne of Heaven and declare, "Because of my avoidance of sin, I may enter into God's heaven."  Rather, my confession will be, "Because of the righteousness of Christ freely bestowed upon me by the grace of God and upon which I alone trust to make this sinner a saint, I enter into God's heaven."

Galatians 6:15
But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Philippians 3:8-9
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5-6
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior...
What is your righteousness?

-

No comments: