Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Integrity

I've often heard integrity defined as "doing the right thing even when no one is looking." However, I've been working on a definition for integrity as follows:

"Integrity is doing the right thing, all the time, with the right motives, all to the glory of God."


When David was presented with the news of the death of Saul and Jonathan, or of the murders of Abner and of Ish-Bosheth (2 Samuel), he publicly revealed his integrity, how he had not been involved with such deaths.

Integrity is not just about doing things right when no one is looking (for God is always watching), but rather seeking to do all things, publicly or privately, to the glory of God.

Psalm 7:8 (A Psalm of David)

The Lord judges the peoples; Vindicate me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and my integrity that is in me. (NASU)

No comments: