Saturday, January 21, 2012

Worship Set and Affirmation of Faith for Sunday, January 22, 2012


Affirmation of Faith:
We believe that from all eternity God decreed to justify all the elect, and in the fullness of time Christ died for their sins and rose again for their justification. Nevertheless, they are not justified personally until the Holy Spirit actually applies Christ to them at the proper time. (11.4)

Worship Set:
 Opening Song - "Redeemed"

I Sing Your Power
Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross
My Savior's Love (I Stand Amazed in the Presence)
Indescribable

Closing Song - "I Sought the Lord"

"I Sought the Lord"
Text: Anonymous (1878)
Verse 3: Tyler VandenHeuvel (2002)
Music: Ed Godfrey (2002)

I sought the Lord and afterward I knew
He moved my soul to seek Him seeking me
It was not I that found O Savior true
No, I was found of Thee

Thou didst reach forth Thy hand and mine enfold
I walked and sank not on the Storm-vexed sea
'Twas not so much that I on Thee took hold
As Thou, dear Lord, to me

It was my sin that bound me fast in pain
You broke the bonds of hell and set me free
'Twas on that day that life I found in Thee
As Thou forgavest me

I find, I walk, I love, but O the whole
Of love is but my answer, Lord, to Thee
For Thou wert long beforehand with my soul
Always, Thou lovedst me (3x)

No comments: