Thursday, January 07, 2010

Surviving the Cold

Sorry for the lack of any posts the past couple of days.  We have enjoyed an incredible cold streak here in NW Arkansas along with snow and ice.  That coupled with several meetings and extra counseling have slowed some of my "extra" activities such as blogging.

As a family, we have begun our new Bible reading schedule for 2010 and I stand amazed that passages I have read so many times come to life with new insights and fresh thoughts of our great God.  I am grateful that the Lord sees fit to constantly reveal Himself to us in His Word.  I pray that I might be able to translate these insights in some meaningful ways to this blog.

In addition to this, our family is also reading together Pilgrim's Progress (John Buynan's great allegory of the Christian journey).  I praise the Lord for my children (now in their mid-teens) who provide great questions and insights as we read along.  I suspect that some Buynan-like or Buynan-inspired thoughts will make their way into the blog as well.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.


SDG
Ed

No comments: