Monday, December 28, 2009

In the Company of God

"There are no dilemmas out of which you shall not be delivered if you live near to God and your heart be kept warm with holy love.  He goes not amiss who goes in the company of God." - Charles Spurgeon

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love!"

"Jesus, keep me near the cross!"

Why is it that the very thing that brings healing to my spirit and joy to my heart can be the thing I avoid so readily? 

I love the exhortation of Deuteronomy 13:4 - "You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him." 

Oh to cling to Him, to hold on, get a firm grip and never let go.  Like a little child holding on to his daddy's leg when scared, Oh not to let go.  And the beauty of it is this, that as I cling to Him, while I feel in my soul as though if I lose my grasp I would be lost, the truth is that my Lord Himself eternally has hold of me.  Blessed thought!

John 10:26-29
26 But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.


Thank You, Lord that I may cling to You and that You hold on to me!  Let me always be found in Your company!

No comments: