Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Journey is Complete

Good morning all!

It is time to put the Katrinacus Rex blog to rest. And so, I thought I would summarize the trip. Of course much more will be shared at Sunday Morning Fellowship Group, so be sure to be there.

Psalm 16:2
I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You."


I am sure I speak for the group when I say it was good to be in our own homes in our own beds:





Overall, I would sumarize the trip as a wonderful time of fellowship. The team that went down, Tom Elliot, Ed Godfrey, Luke Godfrey, Tyler Vanden Heuvel, Kole Woodell, and Nanci Lea White really had the opportunity to learn of one another and grow together. We had some blessed times of dicussion of spiritual things as well as times of reflecting upon God as we listened to some great hymns of the faith.

As far as the work in Slidell, we helped five different individuals/families by clearning trees. It was hard, heavy and dirty work, but there was something purifying about the whole effort. The whole team worked hard, but we also had fun doing it.

Sovereign Grace Fellowship was hospitable. As noted in the previous blogs, we had dinner (scrumptous dinners) at the Expositos (Michelle can cook!). Dinner was followed by our listening to Eddie recount past experiences both prior to and following the hurricane. It was good to learn more about Pastor Eddie, the church and their efforts.

Psalm 18:31-32
For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God, The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless?


On the way home we decided to take I-10 through New Orleans to see what could be seen. Unknown to us, the two bridge, four lane highway had become a one bride, two lane (one lane going in each direction) bridge. We left the church at 8:23 a.m. and it took us about 45 minutes to go three miles to get to the bridge. The other bridge I mentioned was severely damaged, with portions of it missing (I am glad we did not have to take it).





Large portions of New Orleans are wiped out. There was not a roof it seemed that was not damage. The hotel that Laura, the kids, and I stayed in a couple of years ago was damaged and empty. Words simply cannot put it into perspective. It will be years before all this will be cleaned up.

I am not sure what our role as a church will be with future clean up efforts. We will take all that we learned to the Lord in prayer and see where He leads us next. Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Pastor Ed

No comments: